Live Stream URL: http://youtu.be/ji9HrxWSPzk
The National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD) is bringing together health departments, stakeholders and strategic partners for a dynamic dialogu
e centered on four aspects of stigma that impact of Black and Latino gay men’s health; and to explore innovative solutions
to improve health outcomes for these men.
We will live stream an important Twitter town hall on stigma and gender performance on Thursday, November 7th.
How can I participate?
Here are three ways you can participate:
- Join the live video stream. Check this webpage the day of the event to access the video stream web address.
- Listen to the audio by calling 1-866-740-1260 or 1 (303) 248-0285. The access code is 9375506.
- Follow NASTAD on Twitter and Facebook. Use the hashtag #HIVstigma.
Twitter Town Hall – Stigma and Gender Performance
Thursday, November 7th, 6:30 – 7:45pm ET/5:30 – 6:45pm CT
Formatted as a Twitter town hall, this session will feature a panel of national leaders discussing the impact of stigma on “gender performance.” Questions and discussion will include participants in Dallas and from around the United States.
- Darnell L. Moore, Director of Educational Initiatives, Hetrick Martin Institute
- Meico Whitlock, Senior Manager, Communications, NASTAD
- Carlos Decena, PhD, Associate Professor, Rutgers University
- Daniel Olavarria, MSW, Associate, Health Equity, NASTAD
- Harold Steward, Founder & Artistic Director, The Fahari Arts Institute
Have questions for the panelists?
You can submit questions for panelists before and during the meeting:
- If you have a Twitter account, use the Twitter hashtag #HIVstigma.
- Text your questions to 1 (202) 505-6275.
- Email your questions to NASTAD@textfree.us.
If you need technical support accessing the live stream or dialing-in, please email Kevin Trotter (ktrotter [at] NASTAD.org).